Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Trial and Error


"Into the Light"
January 2009


This piece is the result of three firings.. not because of technique - it just wasn't what I wanted the first time and the beauty of glass is that you can refire...(most of the time). The "yellow" glass that I'd bought ended up being deep orange once I'd fired (called "striker" glass because it changes colour as it is fired). I'd envisioned a piece about the return of the light...all whites and then yellow and light orange... when it first came out there was already much more contrast that I'd anticipated and so instead of holding tight to my idea, I let it go and played with more colour.

In the end, it's very different than I'd first envisioned but it is bright and bold and has a lot of energy and I like it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment